Pages

Bleached hair / Ombre! Thin/Fine Hair

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hey guys! So I finally bleached the ends of my hair which I've been meaning to do for a while. After I got about 4-5 inches cut off my hair in the beginning of the summer, I had no more ombre to my hair and I just wanted to experiment with it again and see if I could get a brighter blonde and healthier hair this time.
These are the products I used:
1 oz L'oreal Quick Blue Extra Strength Powder Lightener 
L'oreal 40 Vol Creme Developer

So I just made a basic 50/50 bleach powder and developer mix and coated it to the ends of my hair, covered it with foil and left it there for about half an hour to 40 minutes. This time around I actually got some cream developer which made a huge improvement since cream tends to be more moisturizing whereas the first time I was using some low volume liquid stuff. I know you're not supposed to go as high as 40 vol because it's super damaging to your hair but my hair is still soft and actually doesn't feel damaged which I was scared of because I have really fine hair which I feel is important to point out. A lot of tutorials don't talk about what kind of hair is being bleached but since mine is thin it's a lot more prone to damage but also bleaches a lot faster and easier. However I do plan on using lots of product that nourishes and restores hair because of my hair type.


So here is the result, I know it looks scary and orange now haha but I may tone it with some purple toner to get some of the orange tones out and post that on here as well. I still like the results though, my hair is so much brighter than the first time around and this was with one try! This is what I used in the shower:
Pantene 2 Minute Moisture Masque
Apparently you don't really want to shampoo your bleached hair, but just rinse it out thoroughly and then apply generous amounts of deep conditioner to try to restore and strengthen your hair. I left it in for a while, I think it says 5-10 minutes on the box. I'm also going to be deep conditioning it daily for the next couple of days, I heard it's good to do that to restore some healthiness.

Anyways hope you guys have a good day! Also, check out this awesome Arizona can that I just discovered today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS